Istanbul, Turkey – Day 2

DSC_0222.jpg

This morning bright and early we set off for a tour of the Blue Mosque and then to the Grand Bazaar.  While the Blue Mosque and Grand Bazaar were really cool, I didn’t take many photos, I think I’m beginning to be tired of taking pictures.  I’m already on my second memory card after filling up a 16gb one and have a good start on my 8gb one.  I hope this one will be big enough to finish the trip because after this I just have a couple of small 1gb ones that hold like 100 photos!

Here are some of the highlights of the very few photos I took today and there are actually no photos of the Grand Bazaar,I was too busy shopping to take photos!

DSC_0199DSC_0204DSC_0209DSC_0211DSC_0215DSC_0216DSC_0221DSC_0222

Today was also part 2 of the Gin Tournament and Grandma and Mom will be moving onto the finals tomorrow.  I’m still a bit annoyed that I was knocked out in the first round, but I’m trying to be strong….that and have refused to play ever since!  That’ll show them not to beat me!

Tomorrow is an at sea day, followed by another at sea day, Naples on Friday where I’m going to Capri to ride the chairlift that Keri Smith said was a must see and sadly on Saturday we disembark and began our long journey back to Seattle.  It’s crazy that this amazing trip is coming to an end, but there is still three more days of fun ahead of me and I plan to make the most out of it!

13 Responses to Istanbul, Turkey – Day 2
  1. Kristen
    April 20, 2015 | 7:03 AM

wow! istanbul looks gorgeous! I’ve been to turkey but never there! What a fun experience! Thanks for sharing yours!

2. Val
    April 20, 2015 | 7:17 AM

Wow, beautiful pictuers! I would love to cruise over there! I’ve been on one cruise to Alaska…I would love to cruise the Mediterranean! Enjoy and thanks for sharing!

April 20, 2015 | 8:57 AM

I’ve never been on an Alaskan cruise, I’ve only ever done the Caribbean and Panama Canal before this one. I’d love to go one day!

3. Gina
    April 20, 2015 | 7:40 AM

I went to Istanbul a year ago and it was so amazing. I only spent one day there, so we didn’t get to see a lot of things, but the Blue Mosque was an incredible site to see! How was the Grand Bazaar? It looks like you had a great time!
    Gina recently posted..10 Website Essentials for Your Blog or Business

April 20, 2015 | 8:46 AM

The Grand Bazaar was pretty awesome! I assumed it would be more like an outdoor flea market so I was shocked to see what it really was! If you ever get a chance to go back I’d recommend the bazaar!

4. Keri S.
    April 20, 2015 | 8:53 AM

Lucky you got to see Turkey & Greece. Two places I won’t fit in. Have fun in Capri! It’s tiny but cute. If you have time, I hear the blue grotto tour by small boat is cool too. Those tiny switchback roads getting to the top are unforgettable!

April 20, 2015 | 9:50 PM

Hi Keri, we went to the chair lifts in anacapi thanks to you today! I blogged about some of the adventure on my blog…should be posting soon! Thanks for the recommendation!

Yes, the switchbacks were crazy!! We were in the front of our bus and loved watching us dodge cars and people!!

I’d love to go to the blue grotto, just wasn’t enough time!

5. Ashleigh
    April 20, 2015 | 10:41 AM

Your trip looked fabulous! I’ve always wanted to go to Turkey and am hoping to go next summer! Thank you for sharing!!! xx Ashleigh

April 20, 2015 | 9:44 PM

It was fabulous and I highly recommend it if you ever get the chance to go!

6. Brooke @ Silver LIning
    April 20, 2015 | 1:11 PM

What an amazing experience!! I would love to travel here someday!

April 20, 2015 | 9:45 PM

Go if you ever get the opportunity!

7. Susan D.