Irish Dancers

wpid-Photo-Mar-16-2015-1022-PM.jpg

Top of the mornin’ to ya and Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

Have you ever seen Irish Dancing before? I hadn’t until I watched my friend Wanda’s twins perform last year at a summer event. The girls were absolutely amazing so when I was invited to watch them perform at a St. Patty’s event over the weekend I jumped at the chance to go; once again I was blown away by the talent of these two 14-year-old dancers. With today being St. Patrick’s Day I knew I wanted to share their talent with you!

Check them out in action in this video, you will be a-mazed! (Note: I’ve tried over and over to get this video to start at that right point, but have had no luck so you’ll have to fast-forward to the 3:00 mark to see Isabel and Olivia dance.)

Pretty amazing aren’t they?!

While most 5-year-old little girls can’t wait to begin ballet, identical twins Isabel and Olivia fell in love with Irish dancing. In their matching outfits and hair tied up in a bow these adorable girls began Irish Dancing lessons.

It wasn’t long before this talented duo began entering (and winning) competitions all across the country with trophies and awards to prove their talent.

The video I posted at the beginning was actually taken two years ago and it’s hard to believe that they could be any better, but they are! Below are a couple of more recent photos of the girls, and while they don’t dress alike all that often anymore, they are as elegant as ever.

These 14-year-old young women are absolutely amazing.

Thank you to Isabel and Olivia for sharing their talent. I just wish I had an ounce of the grace and coordination that they have! I struggle just walking without tripping over my own feet! I am completely in awe of their talent and charisma! And thank-you Wanda for introducing me to Irish Dancing!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day!

9 Responses to Irish Dancers
  1. Leslie F.
    March 17, 2015 | 8:47 PM

Where’s the video?!

March 17, 2015 | 8:51 PM

Leslie, Odd, for some reason the video didn’t post! I updated it…click through now and see the video!

2. Angie Scheie
    March 17, 2015 | 10:29 PM

They are such cuties!! Irish Dancing is so much fun. My cousins went to Shorecrest (Edmonds area) and they were the Highlanders..and I guess Irish dancing lessons were common! My HS (Hazen in Renton) were also the Highlanders..but I had ever heard of Irish dancing. So cool!! Happy St. Patty’s Day Cori!
    Angie Scheie recently posted..That One Time I Almost Learned Gaelic

March 18, 2015 | 8:45 PM

Wow I had no idea there was so many Irish dancers in the area! You learn something new everyday!

3. Rachel G
    March 17, 2015 | 10:56 PM

They are so talented! I bet that is a skill and hobby they will keep up into adulthood, because they seem to enjoy it very much!
    Rachel G recently posted..Answering Questions About Growing Up Homeschooled

4. Joanna @ Motherhood and Merlot
    March 19, 2015 | 9:52 AM

This is so neat! I bet it was amazing to watch:)
    Joanna @ Motherhood and Merlot recently posted..Best Drugstore Beauty Buys

5. Bianca
    March 20, 2015 | 10:20 AM

omg I love this! My husbands always talking about how he wants to learn this dance
    Bianca recently posted..Guest Post | Quick Fit Tip

6. twitchetts.blogspot.com
    March 20, 2015 | 7:34 PM

They are AMAZING!! They have more dancing ability in their right toe than I have in my whole body! So glad they are sticking together as a team!
    twitchetts.blogspot.com recently posted..Raw Mom Rant

March 20, 2015 | 9:41 PM

I am right there with you with no dancing ability! Some people get all the luck!!!