Pumpkin Poop

DSC_0004.jpg

or more commonly known as pumpkin guts!

Sweet Emmalee was excited to scoop out the Pumpkin Poop tonight when they came over to carve pumpkins!

I think this was the first year that the girls actually partook in the actual pumpkin carving process.  In the past they have enjoyed the idea of scooping out the “pumpkin poop” and carving the pumpkin, but once the tops were cut off the pumpkin and they looked inside they quickly changed their minds!  Chickens!

2014 was a whole new year for them.  This year they were all in!  The both scooped their pumpkins and then assisted in the carving of them!

Emmalee chose to draw a face on her pumpkin and Brandi carved it out, while Maddie & I each picked a pattern off the internet and carved them.  In the end I think all three turned out pretty darn well!

Mason didn’t help, but did enjoy emptying out my mom’s linen napkin drawer, throwing the napkin rings all over the kitchens and watching them roll across the floor!  He did join in for a couple of photos on the front porch after they were done.

DSC_0001DSC_0002DSC_0006DSC_0004DSC_0008DSC_0009

Pumpkins from left to right: Maddie’s witch, my owl and Emmalee’s queen!

Every loved the final products, especially the girls when we lit the candles and turned off the lights!  Mason enjoyed the pumpkins until we turned the lights out and then he panicked.

I hope you all have a wonderful, safe and DRY Halloween!

halloween

20 Responses to Pumpkin Poop
  1. Myrabev
    November 2, 2014 | 3:04 AM

awwww this is so cute, I will confess now I have never carved a pumpkin before my father always used to do it. And most other times we kinda just cooked it as is and scoop out seeds once ready to eat
    Myrabev recently posted..{24 Days} Day #2 – How to manage time and schedule posts

2. Amby Felix
    November 2, 2014 | 3:45 AM

LOL we call it pumpkin guts hehe! I love carving pumpkins, I just wish I was super amazing at it.
    Amby Felix recently posted..The Legend of Korra Macaroon Recipe

3. Julie @ Run Away Freckles
    November 2, 2014 | 4:08 AM

The queen is amazing. We use a drill with a beater attached to the end to remove all of the guts from the side of the pumpkin and then they all just fall out. No dirty hands!

4. Pauline Cabrera
    November 2, 2014 | 4:10 AM

Don’t you just love pumpkin tradition?? We enjoy picking one.

5. Anna
    November 2, 2014 | 6:49 AM

The pumpkin queen is soo cute, you have some talented artists there ;)

Anna x
    Cinnamon Girl

6. Claire
    November 2, 2014 | 11:58 AM

Looks like a lot of fun! The pumpkins came it great!
    Claire recently posted..On the Go with Surpahs and ZenKid {Stroller Organizer Giveaway}

7. Andi
    November 2, 2014 | 12:41 PM

Love taking the “poop” and frying the seeds – delicious!
    Andi recently posted..Saturday Six #130

8. Chrissy
    November 2, 2014 | 12:47 PM

Hahaha this is so cute! My three kiddos want nothing to do with the pumpkin guts. Luckily that is my favorite part of carving pumpkins!!
    Chrissy recently posted..October Favorites

9. Amanda Love
    November 2, 2014 | 1:25 PM

OK I’m loving the name although I just say “scoop out the insides”. My boys would love that name better.

10. Chelsea
    November 2, 2014 | 1:39 PM

Your pumpkins look great! I didn’t have a chance to carve any this year which makes me a bit sad :(
    Chelsea recently posted..Easy Buffalo Cauliflower Bites

11. kendall
    November 2, 2014 | 2:05 PM

We didn’t carve pumpkins this year! We got crazy sick on and off two weeks before halloween and missed out on a ton of stuff we wanted to do :( Yours look great!

12. kristine foley
    November 2, 2014 | 3:37 PM

Our first attempt this year the girl’s were not having it. Like not touching it or anything. The second they went all in! SO.much.fun.
    kristine foley recently posted..What’s In a Name – Baby Names #babyfoley2015

13. Shipra
    November 2, 2014 | 6:07 PM

Looks like you all had a wonderful time carving the pumpkin! <3
    Shipra recently posted..Redken Color Rebel Hair Makeup (Temporary Haircolor) in Red-dy to Rock Photos, Swatches, and Review

14. karissa
    November 2, 2014 | 6:12 PM

Great pumpkins. My sister said my niece did not want to scoop out the insides of the pumpkins.
    karissa recently posted..November Goals

15. Nickely Challenged
    November 2, 2014 | 7:23 PM

Wow! Your pumpkins look great. You are inspiring me to try pumpkin carving next Halloween. Thanks for sharing.

16. Michelle
    November 2, 2014 | 9:23 PM

I miss carving jack-o-lanterns…my darling hubby has gotten into carving those really complex scene ones, so he does them on the plastic pumpkins because there’s no point putting in all that work on something that’s going to rot. Yeah, sure, all well and good, but it means no home-roasted pumpkin seeds for me!
    Michelle recently posted..This is Halloween

17. estherjulee
    November 2, 2014 | 10:00 PM

they did such a great job!! i’ve only done it twice, but it really is a lot messier than I first realized. :)
    estherjulee recently posted..Lovely Letters Oct Link Up & Sign Up for Your Nov Blogger Penpals!

18. Lix
    November 3, 2014 | 7:33 AM

This is half the reason I haven’t got the guts up to make a pumpkin pie by myself yet – the couple of times I have, I had my mom helping me out with the whole pumpkin-emptying thing! It’s so much work and it smells so horrible. /o\
    Lix recently posted..Diaries: The October Wrap

19. alycia
    November 3, 2014 | 7:33 AM

ugh, pumpkin guts… looks like you had a great time though! :)

20. Marissa
    November 4, 2014 | 10:06 AM

Sounds like a lot of fun! I love the name pumpkin poop! haha! We were going to carve pumpkins this year but opted out. I like the look of un-carved pumpkins almost as much as carved. Thanks for sharing :)
    Marissa recently posted..Etsy Gift Guide Series – Kids Edition