Zoo Birthday

Last Saturday, Brandi, Emmalee and I attended a birthday party at the Woodland Park Zoo.  I’ve been to the zoo many, many times but never to go to a birthday party!  However, it was AWESOME and I highly recommend it for other birthday’s!

With the birthday invite we got a full day’s entry into the zoo, so we decided to go early and wander around by ourselves before the party began at 1pm.

It was a BEAUTIFUL day to go to the zoo here in Seattle.  Overcast and cold, but not raining….that’s a rare combination here and one we gladly took advantage of!

DSC_0079DSC_0083DSC_0092DSC_0097DSC_0103DSC_0107DSC_0131collageDSC_0150DSC_0213

After several hours of wandering the zoo, and getting lost once, it was time for the party!

Xander’s party was held in one of the party rooms in the historic carousel house!  It included unlimited rides on the carousel….I think Em and I road the ride at least 6 times constantly.  On time #7 I was very dizzy and it was Brandi’s turn to take a ride (or two…).  Em must have rode the carousel at least 10 times!

DSC_0157DSC_0188

The party also included a visit from a zoo animal.

The animal came caged in a small cooler.  When Em was asked “what animal did the zookeeper bring” her initial thought was a baby elephant or baby tiger.  So what did come in the small cooler??

A Bearded Dragon.

Uh….close Em, very close!

Each of the kids had a chance to touch and pet the bearded dragon.  Em shocked me and wanted to pet the dragon multiple times!  I asked her “what does it feel like?” and her response was “like a pineapple”.  Uh…I didn’t even know the child new what a pineapple was, let alone what one feels like?  No, I didn’t pet the bearded dragon, so I’m going to just believe Em!

collage2

And then of course there was cake & ice cream!!

collage3

Thanks Xander for inviting us to attend your birthday at the zoo! We had a blast!!

10 Responses to Zoo Birthday
  1. Kristi {at} Live & Love Out Loud
    February 19, 2013 | 9:09 AM

Looks like such a fun birthday! I’ve always wanted to host a birthday part at the zoo. We’ve yet to go to the zoo in Seattle, but we will. :)
    Kristi {at} Live & Love Out Loud recently posted..Decisions, Decisions… Beautiful Blissdom Business Card Options From Minted

February 21, 2013 | 6:07 PM

OOhhh let me know when you come!!

2. Andrea Kruse
    February 19, 2013 | 9:14 AM

What a fun day! Love bearded dragons. I had one for 12 years when I went off to college. It would be my choice for a lizard pet if my son ever asks for one.

Love zoo birthdays!
    Andrea Kruse recently posted..A Fudgy, Gooey Brownie – Which Camp Are You In? + Recipe

February 21, 2013 | 6:07 PM

EWWW!! LOL! They are not my choice :)

3. Lolo
    February 19, 2013 | 10:33 AM

Looks like so much fun!! My son would love that!
    Lolo recently posted..Stay Hydrated, Get Active, and Win a Bike from DASANI DROPS!

4. Barbara
    February 19, 2013 | 1:40 PM

Zoo birthdays are fantastic. Looks like a great day!
    Barbara recently posted..Fitness and Weight Loss? Check Out The Omron Fitness Activity Monitor HJA-312

5. Hanan
    February 19, 2013 | 5:07 PM

What a great idea! I miss living near a zoo, but we’re planning a visit to Woodland this spring!
    Hanan recently posted..From the Bible to Everyday Life: Turning Anger into Forgiveness

February 21, 2013 | 6:07 PM

I’d love to meet up when you come to visit :) LMK!

6. deb
    February 20, 2013 | 4:09 AM

Oh my, what a fabulous place to have a birthday party!! Looks like fun was had by all.
    deb recently posted..5 Tips For Teaching Children To Be Financially Savvy #SHGenworth

7. Kerri @SavvyMomNYC
    Twitter: SavvyMomNYC
    February 20, 2013 | 4:12 AM

Looks like everyone had a great time! I love the carousel!
    Kerri @SavvyMomNYC recently posted..Get it Right Spatula Giveaway @ProductofGIR