It’s Share the Love week at Eastside Baby Corner, where they are wanting friends fans and donors of EBC to share why they love this amazing organization that I’m honored to be a small part of.
Eastside Baby Corner has helped thousands of kids in need over the 20 years they’ve been in service. Prior to the social media boom, the majority of their support (having volunteers, soliciting donations, filling donation orders, etc.) has come primarily by word-of-mouth from our amazing supporters! Now that social media has entered the picture, we want to begin to spread the EBC love virally! Share with your favorite social media playforms why you LOVE Eastside Baby Corner!
Maybe it was a story you heard, or an event you attended or a night you spent volunteering in the hub. Or maybe you were the recipient of goods lovingly collected and distributed by EBC, you know someone who was or you are a current or prior care provider working the front lines to make sure children are healthy, safe and happy. Or this could possibly be your first time hearing about Eastside Baby Corner and you want to learn more about its mission and how we are serving over 500 children in need every week here in King County. The reasons why people love EBC is endless….and we want to hear all about them!
So what do I love about Eastside Baby Corner? There are so many things that I love about EBC, that narrowing it down is going to be hard, but I’ll list a few:
- The ability to serve 500 children every week who are in desperate need of vital “things”. On average, each week EBC provides children from birth to age 12, plus maternity for pregnant moms with:
- 200 orders of diapers, containing about a weeks worth of diapers, to keep kids clean and dry
- 150 bags of clothes, containing a weeks wardrobe, shoes, socks, books, toys, toothbrush & toothpaste + more
- 120 cans of formula, to fill hungry tummies and nourish growing brains
- 30 car seats, to keep kids safe
- + much, much more, including: toys, books, bikes, bottles, blankets, school supplies to name just a few
- The volunteers are amazing! Last month alone we documented more the 1,700 volunteer hours! What Eastside Baby Corner does could NOT be done with out our amazingly dedicated volunteers! They are the glue behind EBC!
- The family atmosphere. It feels like one big amazingly well functioning family, which consists of dedicated volunteers, staff, board of directors and generous donors!
Those are just a few of the things that I love about EBC. Some other people mentioned….
- “Because you provide clothes, diapers, toys and more to our clients every week! Thank you!”
- “Our volunteers Make it Happen! We help bring community together to help provide a bridge to children and families. It teaches my Cub Scouts the value of giving back.”
- “We love EBC because of the outstanding service it provides to local families and because of the opportunity it gives our students and families to help make a difference.”
- “EASTSIDE BABY CORNER is a year round Valentine. Our donors, staff, volunteers and provider partners all work together to show their love by assuring that kids have what they need to thrive. Giving Love away is the reason EBC exists. I am honored to be part of EBC!”
Want to Share the Love too? It’s easy!
Log onto any social media platform you use (Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, etc.) and share one reason, quote, or story about why you ‘love’ EBC.
- Tag EBC in some way so we share your ‘love’ stories with even more followers!
- Facebook: Like our page on Facebook so you can tag us in your post, and post directly on our wall!
- Twitter: Hashtag #EBC or mention us in your post by using @BabyCorner
- Google Plus: Follow EBC, and mention us in your post with @Eastside Baby Corner or hashtag #EBC, and post directly on our wall!
- WordPress: Tag #EBC or #Eastside Baby Corner in your post
- Pinterest: Share an image on pinterest and include our website, http://www.babycorner.org in the description!
- If you’ve got a really great story or quote you’d like to share with us, feel free to email Mia at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know!