Cori & Kelly

When I initially set-out to write my last post, Goodbyes, I had planned to include some early pictures of Kelly and myself (sorry Alex, you weren’t included!).  And yet, the more I wrote, the more the pictures didn’t seem to fit and once I inputted them, they just seemed … well … awkward.  So I deleted them.

I did, however, go to all the trouble of finding the photos, scanning and editing them, that I thought it would be a shame not to share them.  (Remember, I am extremely vain!)

Below you’ll find photos of Kelly and me….”the girls”….as we were (and still are) commonly referred to as.  People always comment on how much we look alike, neither of us see it, but it’s interesting.  I think in these photos we are to young and the age gap is obvious….one of these days I’ll look for more recent pictures of the two of us together.  Granted, despite looking a lot a like, Kelly is 6” TALLER then me, which makes it very easy to differentiate between the both of us!

Enjoy some early pictures of me and Kelly.  Yes, you can see my big mouth and same smile, even back when I was little!  And if you are good at math, you might be able to figure out how old I really am!

Oh….and my mom claimed she always dressed us to the T’s…I’m not so sure!  Apparently, it was the style back then, I think she just had no taste Winking smile

001
Cori & Kelly – 1988
(*Betcha Didn’t Know - My mom made my dress and the dress Kelly is wearing is our blessing dress.  Each of us girls (including Alex) wore this dress for our blessing and then got professional photos taken, all at 3 months old!  Yes, my mom still has the dress, will it continue into the next generation??  We’ll just have to wait and see!)

flashback2 001
Kelly & Cori – 1988

002
Cori & Kelly – 1988
(*Betcha Didn’t Know -Pictured is the bear I received at the hospital the day Kelly was born!)

003
Benson Family Christmas Photo – 1989
(*Betcha Didn’t Know - I don’t remember why…and YES I do remember this even though I was only four, but on Christmas Eve that year, Kelly got really sick and had to go to the Emergency Room*)

flashback 001
Kelly & Cori
(*Betcha Didn’t KnowThe house we’re in in this picture is the house I almost always dream I’m at…very strange!

005Kelly & Cori – 1990

004
Cori & Kelly – 1991
(*Betcha Didn’t KnowMy grandparents lived in a beautiful condo overlooking Lake Washington after they moved off of their 50ft boat.  Kelly & I spent many summers swimming in their pool.  If you look closely between the trees and the deck chairs, you can see Lake Washington!  We used to throw balls into the lake and make Zak jump in and save them!  I don’t know who enjoyed that more, us or Zak?!

Okay, enough reminiscing!!  Thanks for stopping by and allowing me to show off!

Happy Friday, Friends!

–> PSST… If you are here to see the announcement of the winner of my eDiaperCakes Giveaway, you’ll have to come back tomorrow and look.  Now you know my secret, I schedule my posts in advance!  But while you’re here, leave a comment and say “HI!”!

14 Responses to Cori & Kelly
  1. Kristin Barclay
    February 1, 2013 | 8:07 AM

Very cool, I love seeing old photos. I don’t think the clothing options were great back then, at least that’s what I keep telling myself when I see my old photos.
    Kristin Barclay recently posted..Iron Man 3 Makes a Super Bowl Appearance

February 1, 2013 | 8:48 PM

Haha! My mom’s defense to seeing the pictures was…you just picked photos of day to day where…when I dressed you up, you were ADORABLE! So apparently, I just picked the wrong photos….now I’m going to have to go find the pictures she’s referring to, I’m sure they are SOOOO much better ;)

2. Andrea Kruse
    February 1, 2013 | 8:55 AM

So cute! Not sure I can see a real resemblance in those pics, but maybe when your sister was older it would show. The one shot of you both smiling, you both have the same cheeks and chin – adorable! It is so much fun to go back through old photos of family.
    Andrea Kruse recently posted..Friday Food Frenzy (2/1) – Come Link Up!

February 1, 2013 | 8:50 PM

Thanks Andrea! I really should post pics of us when we were a bit older, at this age it’s hard to tell!

3. FiddleDeeAshley
    Twitter: FiddleDeeAsh
    February 1, 2013 | 11:08 AM

So adorable! I wish I had photos of my sister and myself liking each other. I’m pretty sure that never happened, though. LOL
    FiddleDeeAshley recently posted..Disney Blu-Ray Releases: Peter Pan and The Little Mermaid

February 1, 2013 | 8:47 PM

We do look awfully friendly here…granted I only showed the first two years of sisterhood–the last 21 have been knock-out-drag-out fighting! Not to mention my mom would probably kill me to show the bad ones :)

4. Ashley
    February 1, 2013 | 11:14 AM

I see the most resemblance in the last photo. I love going back through old family photos!
    Ashley recently posted..Iron Man 3 Makes a Super Bowl Appearance

5. Michelle
    February 1, 2013 | 12:08 PM

I loved looking at your adorable photos. You & your family continue to be in my thoughts. I don’t think of you as “coris big mouth” but as “coris big smile” I love your positivity!

February 1, 2013 | 8:41 PM

Thanks Michelle! I do have a big ole’ smile :) Cheezy, but 100% me!

6. Lolo
    February 1, 2013 | 2:35 PM

This is so sweet, I really need to gather up all the pictures with my siblings too!

7. Moniece C.
    February 1, 2013 | 8:43 PM

I remember those incredibly sweet little girls! Thanks for sharing, Cori.

February 1, 2013 | 8:44 PM

Thanks Moniece! I definitely have a lot of memories growing up with you and your family in my life!! xoxo

8. Sara @ Mom Endeavors
    February 2, 2013 | 6:52 PM

Awww! I love old pictures! So fun!

9. Cassie
    February 7, 2013 | 11:00 AM

Thank you for sharing. I think we all are vain when it comes to our childhood pictures.