Dreams

20130126-123516.jpg
I have the uncanny ability to remember my dreams and not to just remember the overarching theme of the dream but minuet details. The shoes I was wearing. The brand of gum I was chewing. The word I played on Words With Friends!

Some are fascinated at the amount details I remember. While others believe there is no way I could remember such odd details.

What can I say, I’m odd and have always remembered the small (and normally unimportant) details. For instance, I’m a master at celebrity gossip, but have trouble remembering important things, like facts for an exam!

With that being said, I’m sure you’re expecting me to recount a crazy-outlandish dream I had, but I’m not. (Mostly for fear you all would fully understand how crazy I truly am!). Instead I’m curious if you guys are the same way with dreams?!

For starters I have 3 dreams that I relive A LOT – not at once, but individually A LOT. One my teeth fall out. One where I realize I didn’t pass a class in high school and suddenly have to go back years later to get my diploma. And one where there is someone knocking at my bedroom window, in the middle of the night, and I find myself with out a voice unable to scream for help.

While those are my repetitive overall story dreams, I’ve started to notice an odd pattern in the majority of my dreams. It doesn’t matter the dreams sequence or time frame, but I’ve come to realize that the majority of my dreams take place in the home I spent my childhood.

You may think, “well that’s normal, because that’s where you lived for the majority of your life. But that’s not the case, I moved while in middle school to a new home, which is where I really remember growing up.

Even now in my dreams, it will be present day and I find myself hanging out in my childhood kitchen. A home I haven’t lived in for nearly 15 years! Why is this home always my default setting for dreams?

It’s a silly question, but one I’ve been pondering a lot lately. Dreams are a very interesting concept and subject of research that I’m interested in learning more about and possibly unlocking the answers to why: (1) I remember my dreams so vividly, (2) what’s the meaning behind my repetitive dreams and (3) what was it about my childhood home that I always revert back to in dreams?

Do you remember your dreams? What’s your take on learning about the meanings behind the dreams we dream?

Image Source

10 Responses to Dreams
  1. Andrea Kruse
    January 26, 2013 | 12:54 PM

Oh, my. I used to. I actually miss vivid dreams. Since having my kids I think I just crash instead of getting the proper amount of REM sleep needed to dream. *sigh*

Very cool. Thanks for sharing.
    Andrea Kruse recently posted..#blogathon2 Has Begun! Let’s Be Productive.

• Hanan
      January 26, 2013 | 2:18 PM

Andrea, I’m the same way. I hardly ever dream anymore. I do have crazy vivid dreams when I’m pregnant though!
      Hanan recently posted..Slow Cooker Paleo Mongolian Beef

January 29, 2013 | 8:14 PM

I had never heard that before….very interesting!!

2. Bridget A
    January 26, 2013 | 1:38 PM

I remember most of my dreams, and many of them seem so real!

3. Lolo
    January 26, 2013 | 6:42 PM

I only remember some of them. THat is how it has always been. I wish I remembered more!
    Lolo recently posted..Paleo Recipe Pork Tenderloin With Peach Salsa #GetHealthy

4. Kristin Barclay
    January 27, 2013 | 9:54 AM

WOW, that’s cool. I almost never remember my dreams, sometime I remember I had a strange one or bits and pieces but never details. My dreams were always stranger when I was pregnant.
    Kristin Barclay recently posted..Honor Allison N. Wyatt with #26ActsofKindness

5. Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired
    January 27, 2013 | 2:25 PM

I’m remember lots of details in my dreams too. My dreams are really exhausting actually. I’m always running around frantically or upset about something. I would love to not dream and just get some restful sleep sometime.
    Tesa @ 2 Wired 2 Tired recently posted..Double Birthday Party Fun

January 29, 2013 | 8:13 PM

I hate those dreams when I wake up sweating and exhausted!

6. Jackie
    January 28, 2013 | 3:53 PM

I remember my dreams but not with as much detail as that! Have you ever thought about getting a dream book and see what some of the meanings are of your dreams?
    Jackie recently posted..Monday Menu ~ Crock Pot Jambayala with Mrs. B!!

January 29, 2013 | 8:13 PM

I’ve thought about it, but am scared of what I might learn! LOL!