This week’s Back To School, Back To Blogging theme is on overcoming Writers Block. The last couple of weeks, since I switched over to WordPress, it seems like I have no motivation to blog. My blog posts have become more sporadic and not as heartfelt, at least in my opinion. I’m finding I’m spending more time tweaking the look of my blog then I am adding content to it. Hopefully that need will soon flip back to the writing aspect! Until then, I continue to battle Writers Block. Gigi (Kludgy Mom), had a great Guest Post on Writers Block by The Alabaster Cow, be sure to check it out if you are also struggling with it!
This week Gigi introduced The Idea Bank, where everyone who is participating in the B2S/B2B challenge will add 10 writing prompts to add to the bank. When the week is over, The Idea Bank should have over 1,000 prompts to go to when Writers Block hits! This is just the list I submitted…
- Oh No I Didn’t! Have you ever hit “enter” to soon? Or realized after you did something that you shouldn’t have!
- Anxiety Are you one of the lucky ones who suffers from anxiety? What do you do to get through it!?!
- Go back and re-read your 99th blog post – What did you write about? What would you change? Has your blogging style changed since then?
- Favorite Childhood Teacher Who sticks on in your mind? Was it a grade school teacher, a church leader or just a friend you looked up to?
- Why did you start blogging?
- ….and it landed me in the ER… Explain a time you ended up in the ER, what was the end result? Did you ever do whatever “it” was again!?!
- What one food could you live on the rest of your life?
- Ever been thrown a surprise party? Were you surprised? Shocked? Happy? Angry? What happened?
- Favorite Disney Memory. Was it at Disneyland/Disneyworld? Was it a movie? Was it a trip to the Disney Store? What’s your favorite memory?
- Have you met a celebrity? Who? Where? How?
Come back on Tuesday, and I’ll answer one of my prompts I came up with!
The other suggestion that was given was participating in “Memes” (describes a concept that spreads swiftly via the Internet). I’ve participated in quite a few over the last few months. I have slacked off on my Meme posting lately, but think I’ll start participating in them more to get my thought juices back and flowing!
Until tomorrow my friends!